Friday 31 July 2015

Belly button piercings: yes or no?


Firstly I would just like to add that I have my belly button pierced and im torn between loving it and hating it. I've had my belly button pierced for about a year now and I would like to share with you the pros and cons to getting yours pierced.
Pros: So lets start with the good things about having a belly button piercing.
  1. It looks pretty- this is a pretty obvious point to make since it is probably the main reason why anyone would get there belly pierced including me.
  2. makes your stomach look fun- that might sound strange but its like an earring it makes your ear look more interesting just like a belly bar would.
Cons: Be ready for a long list of cons haha
  1. It takes forever to heal- most creditable piercers will say that it takes 6-8 weeks for the piercing to heal. However I think its safe to say that it takes longer then that considering a year down the line mine is still not fully healed.
  2. The high waisted jeans pain- Im a big lover of high waisted jeans from topshop but every time I wear them they rub against the piercing making it hurt. The pain is decreasing now but its still so awkward to sit down with them on. (sometimes I have to undo the button when I sit down but then I forget I've done it and end up walking around with my jeans undone... very embarrassing)
  3. High risk of infection- This is the unglamorous side of piercings and that is that its very likely that your piercing will get infected. Mine hasn't ever been infected but did show signs of redness and swelling. A lot of people belly piercings do get infected and so if your considering the piercing then make sure to clean it with a lot of salt water. 
  4. Its barely ever visible- Your belly piercing will only be shown for about 20% of the year in summer so is the pain really worth the 20% on holiday?
Well that's my opinion on belly piercings and despite loving my piercing I happen to also hate it with a vengeance. I have a lot of mixed emotions it just confuses me. Make sure you take all the points I've made into consideration before getting your belly pierced.

Courtney x

No comments:

Post a Comment